We are seeking a creative, detail-oriented person to assist the Marketing Department at Platte Valley Medical Center . This is a tremendous learning opportunity for a student interested in journalism, public relations, marketing, graphic design, and advertising. The intern will assist with a variety of activities, including the employee newsletters, community magazines, press releases, social media postings, advertising, and public relations.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking for a creative, challenging and flexible internship, while building their portfolio. The Marketing Intern reports to the Marketing Department and aligns all marketing and public relations efforts with the business objectives and strategic initiatives of Platte Valley Medical Center .
- Assist with marketing and communication projects; including, but not limited to bi-weekly online newsletters, hospital printed publications, advertising copy, service-line brochures, and more.
- Assist with the expansion of PVMC’s social media strategy. Assist with the development of a hospital social media policy and formulate social media updates.
- Assist with the communication of PVMC’s implementation of Planetree, a new patient-centered approach to the delivery of healthcare. PVMC is one of only three hospitals in Colorado to execute this dynamic program to improve the patient experience.
- Update and maintain media database, write and distribute press releases and track press coverage.
- Assist with the development of collateral marketing pieces and advertising projects.
- Support the daily functions of the Marketing Department.
A.Supervised By : Marketing Manager and Communications Manager
B.Personnel Supervised : None
A.Education and Experience:
Student working on their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or Public Relations.
B. Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
· Excellent written, verbal, social media, and organizational skills;
· Creative thinking;
· Interested in a career in communications, marketing, or public relations;
· Ability to work independently;
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team;
· Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher), CorelDraw, InDesign, and/or Word Press;
· Flexible schedule (we are willing to work with your schedule).
To apply for this internship, please email your resume and two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 303-498-1499 (attention Marketing).
September 15, 2011
This is an unpaid internship, but qualifies for hospital volunteer benefits and may qualify for class credit. To see hospital volunteer benefits, visit:http://www.pvmc.org/employment-volunteers/volunteers/benefits.asp
ABOUT PLATTE VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER
Platte Valley Medical Center in Brighton , Colorado , is a progressive community hospital and one of the only remaining community-owned hospitals in the metro Denver area, governed by a community board where decisions are made locally. A national award winner for exceeding patient expectations, PVMC prides itself on personalizing the patient experience and is one of only three hospitals in Colorado implementing the Planetree philosophy of care.