GIVE health. GIVE blood.
- Bonfils needs to collect 4,200 units of blood every week to meet the needs of Colorado patients and to maintain a disaster buffer for unexpected events.
- Currently 3.5 percent of Colorado’s population currently donates blood.
- The need for blood is constant; red blood cells are usable for only 42 days.
- Every three seconds, someone in the US receives a transfusion of donated blood.
- One whole blood donation can help up to three patients.
- All blood types are needed; often, the common blood types are the most frequently transfused.
- Donating blood is safe. A person cannot contract HIV, AIDS or any other disease by donating blood when sterile, disposable needles and supplies are used.
For information on upcoming dates or to schedule an appointment, please contact Dewayne Defee, MT(ASCP)SBB, Blood Bank Specialist, email@example.com or 303-498-1430. You may also link to our online calenderand make online appointments at www.bonfils.org (use group number 5489). Donating Blood Saves Lives.