THE BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING — WE HAVE FUN!
There are both tangible and intangible rewards for volunteers who give their time and energy to the hospital. Following is a list of some of the benefits offered to volunteers by PVMC:
- One complimentary meal and beverage per four-hour shift from the Silver Aspen Bistro & Barista (food vouchers are issued to volunteers based on a four-hour shift schedule);
- Annual Tuberculosis screening (mandatory);
- Complimentary flu vaccinations;
- Staff education classes when appropriate and available;
- Inclusion in hospital social functions;
- Special recognition throughout the year, particularly during National Volunteer Week in April;
- Standard deduction of all miles driven related to volunteer work on personal income tax return;
- Reduced rates at the Brighton Recreation Center;
- Discounts offered by the Human Resources Department, such as discount membership cards and discounted tickets for various theme parks, movies, etc.;
- Discount massage sessions through the Department of Physical Medicine.